Denver Gold Group Luncheon, 17 August 2016, Ritz-Carlton Denver
Property Disclosures for Mining Registrants: An Overview of the SEC’s Proposed Rules and their Implications
About Paul Hilton
"[Paul Hilton] is an excellent attorney...He is one of the leading practitioners, without doubt." This is one of many accolades Paul has received year after year from legal ranking programs like Chambers USA. He is known throughout the corporate legal field and targeted industries for his thorough understanding of the intricacies within corporate transactions, experience that far exceeds his competitors, and a track record of proven success.
As a leader of the firm's U.S. Public Company practice, Paul counsels companies in a wide range of industries, including mining, consumer products, engineering and construction, restaurants, technology, and software. He advises public and private companies in corporate, securities, and merger and acquisition matters. He represents companies seeking to go public, public companies, private equity firms, investment banking firms, and public and private acquirers and targets in acquisition transactions. He also regularly counsels complex debt and equity offerings, including both U.S. and cross-border transactions, securities law compliance issues, fiduciary duty for boards of directors and committees, and complex corporate governance matters, including dealing with activist investors.
In the mining industry, Paul has represented Amax Gold, Cyprus Amax, Echo Bay Mines, Royal Gold, and Stillwater Mining, among other public mining companies.
Paul has received a #1 ranking from Chambers USA for Corporate/M&A every year since 2004 and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for many years as well.
According to Chambers, clients say, "He has decades of experience, and has very deep expertise in corporate and securities matters, as well as commercial transactions of all kinds. In addition to having the technical expertise in these areas, he is very practical in rendering advice and coming up with solutions. He has excellent communications skills, both in respect of transaction negotiations, and communications with our board and management."
Awards and rankings
- Law Week Colorado, Best Corporate Law Lawyer, Barrister's Best/People's Court, 2013
- BTI Client Services All-Star, All-Star MVP (one of 41 in the country), 2012-2013
- Capital Markets: Debt Offerings; Capital Markets: Equity Offerings, Legal 500 US, 2011-2013
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2006-2015
- Corporate/M&A, Band 1, Chambers USA, 2004-2016
- The Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2015
- Latest thinking and upcoming events
- "SEC Staff Issues Important New Guidance on Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures" SEC Update
- "FAST Act Securities Provisions Ease Regulatory Requirements for Smaller Issuers and Create a New Resale Exemption" SEC Update
- "October 2015 – Hogan Lovells Mining Newsletter"
- "Hogan Lovells Mining Newsletter - February 2015"
- "Falling Oil Prices May Require Refreshed Disclosure" Energy Alert
- "September 2014 – Hogan Lovells Mining Industry Newsletter" Mining Newsletter