Director of Operations (DO), Full-Time.
Denver, Colorado, USA.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE CLOSED
The Denver Gold Group, Inc (DGG) is a capital formation organization that has supported public and private gold and silver mining corporations for nearly three decades. The Denver based not-for-profit is a global association whose members extract nearly all the world’s new gold and silver, and own most of the mineral reserves and resources for the precious metals.
The work and governance of DGG is carried out by an eight-person Board of Directors and two full-time staff. DGG’s efforts are focused on the European Gold Forum, Denver Gold Forum, and Explorer & Developer Forum.
DO is a new full-time position that supports and complements the Executive Director (ED) to ensure that DGG delivers maximum value to its members. The DO is focused on event execution and membership services with a secondary focus on office management and administration. The DO reports directly to the ED.
The DO will bring:
- 5+ years in management roles with increasing seniority and/or responsibility for large-scale exhibition events and/or investment conferences.
- 10+ years in meeting planning roles;
- polished customer service personality accompanied by strong written and verbal communication skills;
- demonstrated ability to conduct contract negotiation and review;
- some capability in designing, developing, and deploying information systems;
- budgeting and financial reporting experience;
- sales and marketing experience;
- knowledge of the natural resources industry and/or financial markets;
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience / qualification such as Certified Meeting Planner (CMP).
- MBA and/or four-year business degree and/or hotel management degree preferred.
- Valid passport.
- Fluent Spanish and/or German and/or French are a definite plus.
SKILLS AND TRAITS FOR SUCCESS
- Maturity — strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface confidently and respectfully with high-level executives.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships at all levels.
- Flexible and creative — resourceful and creative “fixer” who is prepared for change at any time, and adaptable to circumstances that arise. Cool under intense short-duration pressure.
- Exceptionally detail oriented — project manager mindset with no fear of check lists, task lists, and who never leaves anything to chance or tomorrow.
- Time management — ability to prioritize and multi-task on parallel projects.
- Accountable — not afraid to take responsibility.
- Computer literate — proficient in Web-based applications and common OS packages such as MS Office and Mac Office. High level Excel skills are essential. Comfortable with self-support on basic IT issues. Strong grasp of HTML and Web content systems.
- Numerate — knowledge to build and run a budget.
- Innovative — eager to implement best-in-class services and products that improve ROI and reduce costs.
- Contented and self-assured — tiny office; no corporate ladder to climb; expect to work unsocial hours.
A competitive compensation package is provided comprising a base salary, performance bonus, and excellent employee benefits. Professional development is facilitated.
1. Office Management and Administrative Functions (20%)
- Landlord, insurance, office services, clerical functions, office vendor / service relationships, SOPs.
- participate in budget preparation;
- budget control through review of financial reports;
- accounts payable;
- accounts receivable;
- participate in audit preparation; and
- participate in board meeting preparation.
- Customer service:
- member services and correspondence;
- event attendee services and correspondence; and
- supervision of customer service contractor.
- Record keeping and document storage.
- Local events:
- Plan and execute small-group events in Denver, Vancouver, and Toronto.
2. – Denver Gold Forum / Explorer and Developer Forum (55%)
– European Gold Forum (25%)
- Close collaboration with ED on overall event tasking and control.
- Annual competitor evaluation.
- Venue scouting and evaluation.
- Venue contract initiation and term-sheet preparation:
- housing analysis; and
- space utilization and floor planning.
- Venue manager liaison.
- pre-con and post-con meetings; and
- all venue supplied services.
- Build and control timelines, project plans and SOP’s.
- Participate in event marketing development and execution.
- Participate in managing event Web sites.
- Participate in negotiating sponsorships with select high value clients.
- Sponsor package execution.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Materials ordering and inventory management including packing and shipping as needed.
- Menu development and catering supervision.
- Sub-event co-ordination and supervision.
- Special event design, planning, and execution.
- Temporary staff planning, organization, recruitment, and supervision.
- Supervise registration and Registration & Customer Service Contractor;
- Off-site data manipulation and QC, badge production, redundancy design; and
- On-site processes and QC.
- Housing block management.
- Staff and VIP co-ordination and welcomes;
- Set-up and break down supervision:
- monitoring health and safety, licensing, and local regulations;
- quality control and escalation management;
- deliveries and roll-out; and
- Event budget control for assigned tasks.
- Post show event reporting for assigned tasks.
- Collaborate with ED and assist contractors where necessary for:
- attendee metrics
- AV & Webcasting; and
- internet services.